Regional Field Organizer
The Illinois Opportunity Project (IOP) supports free-market policies to improve quality of life for Illinoisans. IOP is hiring individuals to fulfill Regional Field Organizer positions throughout Illinois to run issue advocacy campaigns and support Republican candidates for office.
The primary role of the Regional Field Organizer is to recruit, manage, and train teams of volunteers to meet voter contact metrics to win elections. Additionally, the RFO serves as the day-to-day contact for multiple candidates in their region and helps as they execute their field, fundraising, and communications plans.
- Regular outreach to active volunteers, and continually working to identify new volunteers
- Recruit, train, and manage a team of volunteers to contact voters and meet the campaigns direct voter contact metrics
- Responsible for data entry for their region; recording and reporting results, meeting goals etc.
- Recruit, train, coach, and empower volunteers who will work as part of a team and take on leadership roles to build networks and execute direct voter contact campaigns.
- Oversee regional online and digital organizing program for volunteer engagement and voter contact
- Assist candidates in executing their campaign’s strategy and building the local campaign organization.
- Oversee the weekly and daily schedule of the candidate
- Oversee the candidate’s field operation and petition gathering
- Develop and maintain relationships with community leaders and volunteers, and help the candidates develop relationships with key political and civic influencers.
- Help the candidate execute a fundraising plan and events
- With communications team, help the candidate build out their distribution channels and create and push content through them (social media pages, email, etc.)
- Passion for conservative policies and politics
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Energetic and friendly personality with the ability to motivate and inspire others
- Natural time management and organizational skills; able to manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Humility necessary to empower and respect volunteers and defer attention to candidates
- Experience in grassroots organizing, training and motivating volunteers, coalition building and lobbying. This can be as staff, intern, or volunteer.
- Valid Driver’s License and access to reliable transportation
- Willingness to work long hours, including nights and weekends
- Preferably have one election cycle of field organizing experience
- $2,500 – $3,000 per month plus fuel stipend
If interested, please send resume and cover letter to Mark Cavers, Vice President, Illinois Opportunity Project at email@example.com